Fierce, Dedicated And Experienced Representation

Erie, PA and Western PA Auto Accident Lawyer

Automobile and motorcycle accidents are a leading cause of death and injury in our country. When you get in an accident as the result of the wrongful conduct of another person, it unexpected and an interruption in life. Suddenly, you are hurting, possibly out of work and still your life demands remain.

In Pennsylvania, to make a claim for pain and suffering, you must have made a full tort election for your own insurance policy. You will be deemed to have elected full tort if you do not have your own automobile or insurance policy, such as minors residing with a parent. If you have elected limited tort coverage, you can make a claim for economic losses.

Who will pay to cover medical bills after a car or motorcycle crash

When you are injured in a crash, your own automobile policy provides coverage for your medical bills. For motorcycles, medical benefits on motorcycle policies are rarely sold as that benefit on that policy has become expensive. If you are injured in an automobile crash and do not have automobile insurance, the policy covering the other automobile may provide benefits, or another policy of a relative your reside with. It is important for the healthcare providers treating you for injuries from the crash to have the automobile insurance information so that the right carrier is billed for the initial medical bills. If the medical benefits under the automobile policy are exhausted, whatever policy next provides medical benefits becomes the primary policy for additional treatment. This is important to understand because sometimes the next insurance coverage can make a claim for reimbursement from any recovery that may be secured.

Also, uninsured motorist coverage and undersinsured motorist coverage is a cost effective way to protect your family in the event of a crash. If the responsible party for your injuries has inadequate limits of insurance coverage, you have paid on your own policy to make a claim for these coverages.

Keeping all this straight is the job of the attorney handling your claim. While you mourn or recover, let an experienced attorney handle these issues until you get back on your feet. If you have been injured in an vehicle crash, call our office at 814-454-1100.